The Tascam HD-P2 currently comes with a free 4gb card.
Answering the call of remote recording engineers, the Tascam HD-P2 is the professional solution for the challenging requirements of live and on-location applications.
The HD-P2 from Tascam writes uncompressed Broadcast Wave audio files at up to 192-kHz/24-bit resolution for audiophile quality to CompactFlash or Microdrive media. Files are instantly available through the built-in high-speed FireWire computer connection and can be loaded into DAW projects with sample accuracy.
Unlike consumer MP3 sketchpads, the professional Tascam HD-P2 incorporates high-end features like SMPTE timecode and clock input for synchronization to video recorders or other external devices while in record or playback. Its XLR microphone inputs include phantom power and a limiter to curb unpredictable distortion during live events.
The user interface has been designed for fast and intuitive use under stressful one-take-only situations, and with its large, angled LCD, the HD-P2 is perfect for any application from over-the-shoulder location recording to concert recording and commercial use.
Tascam HD-P2 Main features:
Recording with the Tascam HD-P2
- Portable high-definition stereo recorder ideal for electronic news gathering and other high-quality recording tasks in the field
- Recording media: CompactFlash, Microdrive meaning it is reliable, easily obtainable media for quick and easy audio transfer to computers (via CF card reader)
- 16- or 24-bit recording resolution at sample rates from 44.1 kHz through 192 kHz
- Produce state-of-the-art recordings at standard or high resolutions compatible with CD, SACD and DVD audio
- Uncompressed, time-stamped Broadcast Wave file format
- Is easily imported into DAW software and spotted into projects with sample accuracy
- Pre-Record Cache
- Permanently stores the last 5 or 10 seconds (selectable) when in Record Ready to even capture audio events happening before actually starting the recording (can be disabled)
- Retake function allows user to re-do last recording with a single button press
- Audio files continually re-saved to safeguard against data loss
- Comprehensive system and transport control from the front panel or a PS/2 keyboard
Inputs and Outputs of the Tascam HD-P2
- Balanced XLR mic inputs with phantom power, 20-dB PAD, and analogue peak limiter
- Connect two dynamic or condenser microphones, PAD reduces input level when recording from high sound pressure sources, limiter guards against unpredictable overloads
- Low-cut filter on each analogue input reduces low-frequency noise (impact, rumble, hum, wind etc.)
- Unbalanced stereo line input (RCA) record directly from any stereo line level source (mixer etc.)
- Unbalanced stereo line output (RCA)
- Use HD-P2 as playback source; transfer your recordings to analogue equipment
- SPDIF digital input and output (coaxial) record from digital sources, transfer your recordings digitally to any mixer, recorder etc.
- Headphone output (6.3-mm stereo jack) allows you to monitor recordings with studio headphones
- Built-in mono microphone and speaker for desktop interview applications
- FireWire port for connection with computer easy and fast file transfer to PC or Mac
- Analogue level controls allow easy operation without the need to look at the unit
Synchronization of the Tascam HD-P2
SMPTE/LTC timecode input on locking XLR balanced jack
- Timestamps Broadcast Wave recordings from SMPTE input
- Chase locks to incoming SMPTE timecode
Video clock input
Tri-level sync support
- Includes Frame Lock, Lock and Release and flexible Freewheel settings for unpredictable timecode sources
Pull-up and Pull-down sample rates included
- For video format compatibility
Convenience of the Tascam HD-P2
- Familiar tape machine-style layout and function
- Easily enter/edit file names via Computer Keyboard
- Large, angled, uncluttered LC display for table-top or shoulder strap use
- Shortcut keys and LED indicators for frequently-accessed functions
- Recessed Compact Flash slot
- Runs on eight AA batteries (Alkaline, NiMH or NiCd) or DC power adapter offering approximately 5.5 hours of operating time on battery power
- Durable and lightweight housing for field use
- Supplied accessories: Shoulder Belt, Carrying Case, AC adapter
Currently comes with a free 4GB memory card.
Need Expert Advice?
- Call Us now on: 01592 654 549
- Alternatively you can Email Us